Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Liebster Award - For me?

What a great way to wake up! Only to discover that someone you just met has nominated you for an award! A Liebster award at that.


Nick over at Sweet Rhyme & Pure Reason found the time amidst all his flooded basement and attack of the killer bee problems to nominate me and some others who are blogging with less than 200 followers. Yeah, that would be me.

The fun part is I get to to nominate some other blogs as well and answer a few questions to let the world know more about me.
Here goes:
Mrs. K over at  Sixth Grade Scoop
Amanda D over at Teacher at the Wheel
Foreman over at Foreman Teaches

Nick asked me the following questions -

Why do you blog?
 I love connecting to other teachers who understand what I'm going through. They totally get it when I say that the Common Core is driving me crazy.
What's your favorite linky?
Collaboration Cuties has a great Mentor Text one
What's your favorite grade to teach?
I think third has a special place in my heart 
How many schools have you taught in?
I substituted for awhile, so probably a ton. But actually hired teacher? That would be a total of 3. 
Who would you most like to meet?
 J.K. Rowling. I'd just like to pick her writerly brain and convince her to share some money with me.
What's your favorite teaching memory?
When my third grade teacher gave me a big hug before I had to leave for a scary operation.
What is our favorite hobby?
Scrapbooking. I love documenting photographs and events in unique ways. 
What is your favorite restaurant?
The Jules Verne at the top of the Tour d'Eiffel in Paris. I'm going to be talking about that meal for years!
What is your favorite movie? 
It's going to have to be a series. Harry Potter is my all time favorite. I'm such a huge fan of the books and the movies.
What piece of advice do you give out the most?
Stick with it, the rest will come. 
What's your favorite teaching tip/trick?
I do a lot with Classroom Meetings and run them like a town meeting with a  mayor and everything. The kids love getting to make decisions. 
Here are 11 Random facts about me - 
*I almost bought a beach house on Amelia Island in March. 
*I recently lost 40 pounds using TapoutXT.
*I celebrated my 20th anniversary with my partner.
*I'm planning on heading to Sydney, Australia for New Year's Eve.
*I just spent a ton of money getting my hair colored. (sad since my hair's so short, it'll be out in a month)
*I love bad horror movies like Sharknado (a tornado made of sharks!)
*Jessica Ivey is my inspiration.
*My sister lives on the Canadian border, and I am going to visit her next week.
*I live in a neighborhood where most of my students come from. Makes it interesting at the pool.
*I'm organizing a Scrapbook convention for October in Atlanta.
*I can fit into a 30" waist. Surprising since three months ago I was pushing out a 36".

  
Now some questions for my nominees -
Where would you like to be in five years?
What's your favorite guilty pleasure?
How many years have you been blogging?
Which color goes best with brown?
Do you play any musical instruments?
What grade do you like to teach the most?
If you could win a million dollars what would you buy for your classroom first?
Which book do you think teaches your students the most?
Which person is your inspiration?

 Thanks again Nick for this amazing honor. I truly appreicate it!

3 comments:

Nick R said...

I feel you on the weight loss. I'm down from a 36" waist in May to a 32" now! My goal is a total of 37 pounds by the end of August...I'm down about 26 now!

I'm jealous of all your travels. We're probably not going anywhere else cool until at least next summer. Sigh!

-Nick
Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

ScrappyGuy said...

But just think of all the fun you're going to come back to next year! Instead of bees, maybe it'll be zombies! (Get it?)

jivey said...

Awwww! I'm you're inspiration?! xoxo love u