Saturday, August 03, 2013

Catch up - Meet Your Teacher Day

All through yesterday I kept thinking of your encouragement and belief that the day would go well.

Thank you thank you thank you for all the good thoughts. Yesterday was probably the easiest Meet Your Teacher Day in 22 years. Since the county has moved onto having the parents complete all the paperwork online the teacher's job on this day has become almost a breeze. Before we would spend the entire four hour period scrambling around collecting papers, checking medical files, signing forms, and counting money. Yesterday I spent more time hugging on parents and chatting with the students about their summer than I ever have before.

I am recycling four families this year, so that probably helped me be comfortable meeting the parents. They loved looking at all the class pictures I had lined up above my bulletin board. I have a nephew of a student I taught in third grade. He is now a junior in college. Yep, I feel old. But we laughed over the pictures. It was great fun.

I'm already thinking this year is going to be awesome. Sure I will have my challenges. I am actually okay with this because if there aren't any problems to keep me on my toes I can grow a little bored. Lord knows I don't want to be bored at work.

Just wanted to catch you up and let you know that yesterday went very well. Thanks again!

No comments: